Thursday 16 December 1965
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season) by The Byrds.
In UK The Carnival Is Over by The Seekers was in the top 5 hits.
The Slender Thread, directed by Sydney Pollack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1965!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1965 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- JB Smoove: Comedian.
- Moe Elewonibi NFL/Canadian Football League tackle (Philadelphia Eagles: British Columbia Lions).
- Chris Jones in Utica: New York, USA; outfielder (New York Mets).
- Brent Franklin in Barrie: Ontario, Canada; Canadian Tour golfer (1992 Japan Open-second).
- Cynthia Lynne White in Oklahoma City: Oklahoma, USA; Miss Oklahoma-America (1991-top 10).
- Page Dunlap in Harrisonburg: Virginia, USA; LPGA golfer (1994 Atlanta Women's-8th).
- Chris Jones: American baseball player and manager
- Melanie Sloan: American lawyer and activist
- Nancy Valen: American actress and producer
- Romallis Ellis: Washington, DC -- Lightweight boxer (1988 Olympics - Bronze Medalist)
- W Somerset Maugham: English writer (Born 1874).
- Gemini 6 returns to Earth.
- Pioneer 6 launched into solar orbit.
- Vietnam War: General William Westmoreland sends U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara a request for 243,000 more men by the end of 1966.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- The Dave Clark Five - Over And Over
- James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good)
- The 4 Seasons - Let's Hang On
- The Supremes - I Hear A Symphony
- The Shangri-Las - I Can Never Go Home Anymore
- Eddy Arnold - Make The World Go Away
- Roger Miller - England Swings
- The McCoys - Fever
- Dean Martin - I Will
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?