Sunday 16 March 1952
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Rancho Notorious, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1952!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1952 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Graham Cole: English actor.
- Alice Hoffman: American author.
- Philippe Kahn: French businessman co-founded Fullpower Technologies.
- Scott Simon: American journalist and radio personality.
- Jack Ford: American noted family, second son of Elizabeth and Gerald Ford; age 22 when his dad became President of the United States.
- Babe Didrikson-Zaharias wins LPGA Titleholders Golf Championship.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?