Sunday 16 October 1966
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Reach Out I'll Be There by Four Tops.
In UK Distant Drums by Jim Reeves was in the top 5 hits.
The Fortune Cookie, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1966!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1966 ?
- Donovan Right: CFL linebacker (Hamilton Tiger Cats).
- Gerhard Puschnik: Hockey forward (Team Austria 1998).
- Mary McGlynn: American voice actress singer and director.
- Olof Lundh: Swedish journalist.
- Joean Baez and 123 other ani-draft protestors arrested in Oakland
- Grace Slick performs live for the first time with Jefferson Airplane.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Four Tops - Reach Out I'll Be There
- The Association - Cherish
- ? (Question Mark) and the Mysterians - 96 Tears
- The Monkees - Last Train To Clarksville
- Count Five - Psychotic Reaction
- Neil Diamond - Cherry, Cherry
- The Left Banke - Walk Away Renee
- Jimmy Ruffin - What Becomes Of The Brokenhearted
- The Four Seasons - I've Got You Under My Skin
- The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?