Monday 17 April 1950
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include L Scott Caldwell and Charles Pieri.
Wagon Master, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Alan Young Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1950!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1950 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- L Scott Caldwell: American actress.
- Charles Pieri: French militant Corsican nationalist, known for his alleged links with Corsican banditry.
- Kevin Porter: American athlete, played pro basketball for ten seasons beginning in 1972.
- Gérard Schivardi: French politician.
- L Caldwell: American actress and director.
- Bruce McNall: American former NHL team owner
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Count Every Star - Hugo Winterhalter & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?