Thursday 20 April 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Big Lift, directed by George Seaton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 April 1950!
Which were the important events of 20 April 1950 ?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- Ridv�n begins at sunset (Bah�'f Faith).
- Festival of Matsu, Southeast Asia (2006).
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus.
- Islam - Muhammad's Birthday observed in (2004)
- April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (cannabis culture).
- Saint Theotimus (died 407)
- Colin Prescot: British balloonist, he and a teammate, Andy Elson, attempted to circumnavigate the world in a balloon in 1999.
- Alexander Lebed: Russian politician and military leader.
- Chandra Babu Naidu: Indian politician.
- Steve Erickson: American author and critic.
- Robert Mair: English engineer and academic.
- N Naidu: Indian politician 13th Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh
- Milt Wilcox: American baseball player
- Baltimore's Memorial Stadium opens - Orioles of International League.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Count Every Star - Hugo Winterhalter & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 20 April 1950 and get them!