Thursday 20 April 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chandra Babu Naidu and Alexander Lebed.
The Big Lift, directed by George Seaton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Alan Young Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 April 1950!
Which were the important events of 20 April 1950 ?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- Ridv�n begins at sunset (Bah�'f Faith).
- Festival of Matsu, Southeast Asia (2006).
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus.
- Islam - Muhammad's Birthday observed in (2004)
- April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (cannabis culture).
- Saint Theotimus (died 407)
- Chandra Babu Naidu: Indian politician.
- Alexander Lebed: Russian politician and military leader.
- Colin Prescot: British balloonist, he and a teammate, Andy Elson, attempted to circumnavigate the world in a balloon in 1999.
- Steve Erickson: American author and critic.
- Robert Mair: English engineer and academic.
- N Naidu: Indian politician 13th Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh
- Milt Wilcox: American baseball player
- Baltimore's Memorial Stadium opens - Orioles of International League.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Count Every Star - Hugo Winterhalter & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?