Tuesday 18 April 1950
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Sudderth and Jeff Nolte.
Wagon Master, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Alan Young Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 April 1950!
Which were the important events of 18 April 1950 ?
- Saint Galdino (d. 1176)
- Saint Perfecto (d. 850)
- Saint Agia (Aya) (d. 707)
- Saint Timon
- Saint Ursmarus (d. 713)
- Saint Werner (d. 1287)
- Blessed Idesbald van der Gracht (d. 1167), patron saint of fishermen and Flemish nobility
- Saint Eusebius (d. 526)
- Saint Apollonius (d. 185/6)
- Marie de l'Incarnation (1566 ? 1618)
- The Cheat's Cheatday on homestarrunner.com
- Zimbabwe ? Independence Day.
- Saint Emma
- Iran - Army Day
- Bill Sudderth: III; trumpeter (Atlantic Star - "Touch Four Leaf Clover").
- Jeff Nolte: American photographer, teacher.
- David Ulrich: American photographer and teacher whose body of work is largely comprised of landscapes taken with a large format camera.
- Kenny Ortega: American film and TV producer and choreographer.
- Paul Callery: Australian footballer.
- Tina Chow: American model and jewelry designer (d. 1992)
- Grigory Sokolov: Russian pianist and composer
- 1st opening night-game, Cards beat Pirates, 4-2
- 1st transatlantic jet passenger trip
- Sam Jethroe is 1st black to play for Boston Braves
- Yankees win 15-10 after trailing Red Sox 9-0 in 6th
- Polish Catholic church and government sign accord over relations.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 April 1950
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1950 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Count Every Star - Hugo Winterhalter & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?