Tuesday 11 April 1950
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bill Irwin in Santa Monica and Tom Hill.
A Ticket to Tomahawk, directed by Richard Sale, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Parasites by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Alan Young Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 April 1950!
Which were the important events of 11 April 1950 ?
- Saint Stanislas
- Juan Santamarfa Day, anniversary of his death in the Battle of Rivas (State holiday in Costa Rica).
- Saint Godeberta
- Saint Gemma of Lucca
- The Feast Day of Martyr Antipas in the Greek Orthodox Church.
- Saint Danidl of Grimbergen
- Bill Irwin in Santa Monica: California, USA; actor (My Blue Heaven, Scenes From a Mall).
- Tom Hill: English bass guitarist (Geordie).
- Bill Irwin: American actor, dancer, choreographer, clown, mime and gymnast who combined his talents to create characters for comedy skits in performance art, a unique form of entertainment.
- US B-29 bomber shot down above Latvia.
- Prince Rainier III becomes ruler of Monaco.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?