Saturday 17 April 1971
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include David Oliver and Andri Kirsima.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Joy To The World by Three Dog Night.
In UK Hot Love by T Rex was in the top 5 hits.
Summer of '42, directed by Robert Mulligan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bearcats!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or The Oregon Trail.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1971!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1971 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- David Oliver: Sechelt -- NHL right wing (Edmonton Oilers).
- Andri Kirsima: Estonian architect.
- Claire Sweeney: English actress and singer.
- Roberto Lupi: Composer, dies at 62.
- Egypt, Libya and Syria form federation (Federation of Arab Republics).
- The People's Republic of Bangladesh forms, under Sheikh Mujibur Rahman at Mujibnagor.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Three Dog Night - Joy To The World
- Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
- The Temptations - Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
- Tom Jones - She's A Lady
- Paul McCartney - Another Day
- Ocean - Put Your Hand In The Hand
- Janis Joplin - Me And Bobby McGee
- The Partridge Family - Doesn't Somebody Want To Be Wanted
- Carpenters - For All We Know
- Brewer & Shipley - One Toke Over The Line
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?