Thursday 1 April 1971
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me) by The Temptations.
In UK Baby Jump by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
The Beguiled, directed by Donald Siegel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Throne Of Saturn by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1971!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1971 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Ernest Jones: NFL defensive end (Saints, Denver Broncos - Super Bowl 32).
- Jessica Collins [Capogna]: Actress (Dinah Lee Mayberry-Loving).
- Karen Dunbar: Scottish comedian and entertainer who appears in the television shows "Chewin' the Fat" and "The Karen Dunbar Show" on the BBC Scotland.
- Sonia Bisset: Cuban javelin thrower.
- Method Man: American rapper producer and actor (Wu-Tang Clan).
- Jessica Collins: American actress
- Lachy Hulme: Australian actor and screenwriter
- Shinji Nakano: Japanese race car driver
- Danielle Smith: Canadian journalist and politician
- Daniel Vacek in Prague: Czechoslovakia; tennis star.
- US / Canada ISIS 2 launched to study ionosphere
- United Kingdom lifts all restrictions on gold ownership.
- Bangladesh Liberation War: The Pakistan Army massacred over 1,000 people in Keraniganj Upazila, Bangladesh.
- The United Kingdom lifts all restrictions on gold ownership.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Temptations - Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
- Janis Joplin - Me And Bobby McGee
- Carpenters - For All We Know
- Tom Jones - She's A Lady
- Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
- Ike & Tina Turner - Proud Mary
- The Partridge Family - Doesn't Somebody Want To Be Wanted
- Sammi Smith - Help Me Make It Through The Night
- Andy Williams - (Where Do I Begin) Love Story
- Paul McCartney - Another Day
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?