Monday 16 December 1968
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of December people in US were listening to I Heard It Through The Grapevine by Marvin Gaye.
In UK Lily The Pink by The Scaffold was in the top 5 hits.
The Night They Raided Minsky's, directed by William Friedkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 December 1968!
Which were the important events of 16 December 1968 ?
- R.C. Saints - O Sapientia ; Adelaide of Italy
- South Africa - Day of Reconciliation
- Nepal - Constitution Day (To be confirmed)
- Kazakhstan - Independence Day
- Bahrain - National Day
- Bangladesh - Victory Day
- Darryll Lewis: NFL cornerback (Houston / Tennessee Oilers).
- Paul Scherrer: Actor (Children of Corn II, Free Spirit).
- Wendy Doolan in Sydney: Australia; LPGA golfer (1991 British Amateur Champion-second).
- Mark Dean Schwab: American rapist and murderer (d. 2008).
- Yannick Alléno: French chef, who has been awarded three Michelin stars since 2007.
- Giovanni Ballarin: Italian homicide. He strangled his girl-friend of 14 years to death because she didn't want to make love. He stayed with the corpse for two months before confessing.
- Florence Masnada: French skier and Olympic contender.
- Peter Orszag: American economist who became the Congressional Office Budget Director on January 18, 2007 under the George W. Bush administration and continued his four year term under Barack Obama's tenure.. Orszag is credited with being a brilliant analyst and strong influence on government economic plans, particularly under President Obama.
- Peter Dante: American actor and singer
- Lalah Hathaway: American singer-songwriter pianist and producer
- Greg Kovacs: Canadian bodybuilder (d. 2013)
- Mark Schwab: American rapist and murderer (d. 2008)
- KFIZ TV channel 34 in Fond du Lac, WI begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
- Dion - Abraham, Martin And John
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- Classics IV - Stormy
- Johnnie Taylor - Who's Making Love
- Judy Collins - Both Sides Now
- Bobby Vinton - I Love How You Love Me
- Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?