Saturday 17 June 1967
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Keith Sims and Robyn Meagher.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Groovin' by The Young Rascals.
In UK A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum was in the top 5 hits.
The Dirty Dozen, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Coronet Blue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1967!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1967 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Keith Sims: NFL guard (Miami Dolphins).
- Robyn Meagher: Antigonish, Nova Scotia -- 5k runner (1996 Olympics).
- Terry Davis: NBA forward / center (Dallas Mavericks, Washington Wizards).
- Dorothea Roschmann: German operatic soprano.
- Dorothea Röschmann: German soprano and actress.
- Eric Stefani: American keyboardist, songwriter (No Doubt) and cartoon animator
- Somebody To Love by Jefferson Airplane peaks at #5
- 1st Chinese hydrogen bomb explodes
- Barbra Streisand: A Happening in Central Park performed
- Longest doubleheader 9:15 (Tigers & Athletics)
- The People's Republic of China announces a successful hydrogen bomb test.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 June 1967
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Young Rascals - Groovin'
- Aretha Franklin - Respect
- The Turtles - She'd Rather Be With Me
- Engelbert Humperdinck - Release Me (And Let Me Love Again)
- Jefferson Airplane - Somebody To Love
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
- The Association - Windy
- The Temptations - All I Need
- The Happenings - I Got Rhythm
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Mirage
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?