Friday 17 March 1933
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Christopher Strong, directed by Dorothy Arzner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1933!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1933 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Tim Rathbone: British politician, a Member of Parliament returned at General Election 6/11/1987.
- Gigliola Giorgini: Italian religious healer known as "Mama Ebe" with her own ministry.
- Myrlie Evers-Williams: American journalist and activist.
- Pat Galvin: Australian public servant.
- Penelope Lively: British author.
- Sándor Rácz: Hungarian politician (d. 2013)
- Eckart Kleßmann: German journalist, writer and historian who is primarily concerned with the 19th century.
- Ferdinand Von Alten: Actor (Champagne), dies at 48.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?