Wednesday 17 March 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I See The Moon by The Stargazers was in the top 5 hits.
La Ronde, directed by Max Ophls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1954!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1954 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Rena Jones: Rock vocalist.
- Wally Stocker in London: England; rock vocalist/guitarist (Babys - "Missing You").
- Jüri Pihl: Estonian politician Estonian Minister of the Interior.
- Lesley-Anne Down: British actress, a model for commercials at age ten and voted Britain's "Most Beautiful Teen-ager" a few years later.
- Victor Rousseau: Belgian sculptor, dies at 88.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?