Saturday 18 August 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
War and Peace, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1956!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1956 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- Jon ''Bermuda'' Schwartz: American musician.
- John Debney: American composer and conductor.
- Sandeep Patil: Indian cricketer and coach.
- Jon Schwartz: American drummer and producer.
- Kelly Willard: American singer-songwriter.
- Rainer Woelki: German cardinal
- Cin Reds (8) and Cubs (2) combine to hit 10 HRs in a 9 inning game
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?