Sunday 5 August 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Bigger Than Life, directed by Nicholas Ray, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 August 1956!
Which were the important events of 5 August 1956 ?
- St. Memmius
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Oswald
- St. Afra and her companions
- Burkina Faso - Independence Day
- Croatia - Victory Day and National Thanksgiving Day
- Maureen McCormick: American actress.
- Ferdi Bolland: Dutch singer / guitarist (Bolland & Bolland).
- Christopher Chessun: English bishop.
- Jerry Ciccoritti: Canadian actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Erik Arnoux: French cartoonist and writer of comics.
- KUAM TV channel 8 in Agana, GU (CBS / ABC / NBC) begins broadcasting
- Louise Suggs wins LPGA All American Golf Open
- WCYB TV channel 5 in Bristol-Kingsport, VA (NBC) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?