Tuesday 21 August 1956
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
War and Peace, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1956!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1956 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Kim Cattrall: English-born actress.
- Linda Martel: British child who became a healer and who, in her short life of five years, is said to have healed some 2000 people.
- John Tester: US Senator from Montana.
- Jon Tester: American farmer and politician.
- Carol Charbonnier: LPGA golfer.
- WTVW TV channel 7 in Evansville, IN (ABC) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 21 August 1956 and get them!