Friday 3 August 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK I'll Be Home by Pat Boone was in the top 5 hits.
Bigger Than Life, directed by Nicholas Ray, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Last Hurrah by Edwin O'Connor was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 August 1956!
Which were the important events of 3 August 1956 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Gamaliel
- Equatorial Guinea - Armed Forces Day
- St. Nicodemus
- Niger - Independence Day
- St. Walthen
- Kirk Brandon rocker (Theatre of Hate: Spear of Destiny-Outland).
- Kirk Brandon: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Theatre of Hate Spear of Destiny and Dead Men Walking).
- Todd Christensen: American football player and sportscaster (d. 2013).
- Dave Cloud: American singer-songwriter and actor (d. 2015).
- Balwinder Sandhu: Indian cricketer and coach.
- Willie Williams of the US sets 100 metre dash record at 10.1 seconds.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Pat Boone - I'll Be Home
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
- All Star Hit Parade (EP) - Various Artists
- I'm Walking Backwards For Christmas / Bluebottle Blues - The Goons
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?