Friday 31 August 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maria Balazova and Mária Balážová.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Beyond a Reasonable Doubt, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Treasure Hunt.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 1956!
Which were the important events of 31 August 1956 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?