Wednesday 29 August 1956
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edddie Murray and Kelly Murray.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Beyond a Reasonable Doubt, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Dr. Fu Manchu.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1956.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1956!
Which were the important events of 29 August 1956 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Edddie Murray: NFL kicker (Washington Redskins, Minnesota Vikings).
- Kelly Murray: Vancouver, British Columbia -- Canadian Tour golfer (985 Alberta Open).
- GG Allin: American punk rock singer (The Jabbers, The Cedar Street Sluts, The Scumfucs) (Born 1956).
- Mark Morris: American dancer and choreographer.
- Charalambos Xanthopoulos: Greek footballer.
- Steve Yarbrough: American novelist and short story writer
- French government routes troops to Cyprus near Suez crisis
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?