Monday 28 December 1936
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nichelle Nichols in Robbins and Jacques Mesrine.
After the Thin Man, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
On TV people were watching The Composer at the Piano.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1936!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1936 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Nichelle Nichols in Robbins: Illinois, USA; actress (Uhura - Star Trek).
- Jacques Mesrine: French bank robber and kidnapper.
- Alan Vaughan: American noted parapsychology researcher who has presented a number of papers of his original research.
- Alan Coleman: English-Australian director producer and screenwriter (d. 2013).
- Lawrence Schiller: American journalist director and producer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1936 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- There's Something in the Air - Shep Fields & His Rippling Rhythm Orchestra
- The Night is Young and You're So Beautiful - George Hall & His Orchestra
- Serenade in the Night - Mantovani & His Orchestra
- Jeanette MacDonald & Nelson Eddy - Indian Love Call
- T'aint Good (Like a Nickel Made of Wood) - Fats Waller
- Goodnight, My Love - Hal Kemp & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?