Tuesday 29 April 1958
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to Witch Doctor by David Seville.
In UK Whole Lotta Woman by Marvin Rainwater was in the top 5 hits.
Bob le Flambeur, directed by Melville, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1958!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1958 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Gary Cohen: American sportscaster.
- Ramachandra Guha: Indian historian and author.
- Kevin Moore: English footballer (d. 2013).
- Mike Stenhouse: American baseball player and sportscaster.
- Martin Whitmarsh: British businessman, CEO of McLaren Racing.
- Michelle Pfeiffer in Santa Ana: California, USA; actress (What Lies Beneath, Up Close and Personal, Ladyhawke, Married to the Mob, Grease 2).
- Simon Edwards: rocker (Fairground Attraction - "Find My Love").
- Eve Plumb: American actress
- Eve Plumb in Burbank: California, USA; actress (Jan - The Brady Bunch, I'm Gonna Get You Sucka).
- Holly Houston: American television anchor, newspaper correspondent, journalism teacher in China and author. A woman who deals with ideals, she smuggled film of the Tiananmen Square massacre out of China. Some of her friends and students were among those shot by the Red Army in Tiananmen Square in Beijing outside the Great Hall of the People on June 3 and 4, 1989. Houston took her 8MM film and disguised it as Neil Diamond tapes, smuggling them out of China in order to let the world know what was going on.
- Michelle Pfeiffer: American actress seen in five consecutive critical, if not commercial hits, "The Witches of Eastwick," "Married To The Mob," "Tequila Sunrise," "Dangerous Liaisons," which was Oscar nominated, and "The Fabulous Baker Boys." In the "Batman" sequel, she played Catwoman.
- Doreen Virtue: American author and a "folk psychology motivational speaker".
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- David Seville - Witch Doctor
- The Platters - Twilight Time
- Laurie London - He's Got The Whole World (In His Hands)
- Elvis Presley - Wear My Ring Around Your Neck
- The Champs - Tequila
- The Monotones - Book Of Love
- The Everly Brothers - All I Have To Do Is Dream
- The Chordettes - Lollipop
- Don Gibson - Oh Lonesome Me
- Connie Francis - Who's Sorry Now
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?