Thursday 19 April 2012
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to We Are Young by Fun..
Think Like a Man, directed by Tim Story, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Daddy Knows Best.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bubble Safari or Dead Trigger.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2012.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 April 2012!
Which were the important events of 19 April 2012 ?
- Republic Day (Sierra Leone).
- Declaration of Independence Day (Venezuela).
- Easter Sunday 1908, 1981, 1987, 1992. In the Gregorian Calendar Easter Sunday falls on 19 April more often than on any other date.
- Bicycle Day.
- The Roman holiday of Cerealia ends. (Roman Empire)
- Primrose Day (England) ? primroses are placed on the statue of Benjamin Disraeli in Parliament Square, London on the anniversary of his death (1881).
- George of Antioch
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Emma
- Landing of the 33 (Uruguay).
- Patriot's Day (Massachusetts, Maine, and Wisconsin, USA).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 19 April
- Arab Spring:
- Syrian uprising: United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon says Syria has failed in its obligation to pull its troops out of urban areas, according to a peace plan. (BBC)
- Bahraini uprising:
- Bahraini security forces fire stun grenades at demonstrators as protests against Sunday's Formula 1 Grand Prix continue. (BBC)
- Members of the Force India team due to be involved in the race are involved in a firebomb scare. (Al Jazeera)
- At least 33 people are killed and dozens more are injured in bombings in Baghdad, Kirkuk and Samarra in Iraq's worst violence in weeks. (Al Jazeera)
- Ma Jian, author of the banned novel ''Beijing Coma'', daubs red paint over his face at the London Book Fair and calls Chinese publishers ampquotthe mouthpiece of the Chinese communist party.ampquot (''The Guardian'')
- Two papers on Alan Turing's theory of code-breaking are released to the UK's National Archives after 70 years. (BBC)
- Irish comedian Dylan Moran becomes the first professional English-speaking comedian ever to perform in Russia. The routine references Russia's new law banning ampquothomosexual propagandaampquot and jailed oil tycoon Mikhail Khodorkovsky. (BBC)
- Men At Work flautist Greg Ham is found dead at his Melbourne home. (BBC)
- The Band singer and drummer Levon Helm dies of throat cancer at the age of 71. (''The New York Times'')
- A UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter reportedly crashed in Afghanistan, killing all four on board. (CNN)
- An agent at the centre of the U.S. prostitution scandal in Colombia denied one of his escorts $770 from an agreed fee of $800, according to ''The New York Times'', thus prompting the row that revealed the scandal to the public. (BBC)
- India test launches its long-range Agni-V intercontinental ballistic missile. (''Times of India'')
- South Korea deploys new cruise missiles capable of destroying targets such as missile and nuclear bases anywhere in North Korea. (AFP via Google)
- Anders Behring Breivik, the perpetrator of the 2011 Norway attacks, says he planned to behead former Norwegian Prime Minister Gro Harlem Brundtland and post the footage on the internet. ''(The Guardian)''
- A report commissioned by the Irish Department of Health finds significant increase in narcolepsy among individuals given the GlaxoSmithKline developed swine flu vaccine Pandemrix compared to those who did not receive the vaccine. (RTE)
- In golf, 13 year-old Chinese Guan Tian-lang becomes the youngest player to compete on the PGA European Tour when he bogeys at the Volvo China Open. (BBC)
- In cycling, Italian Riccardo Riccò is given a 12-year ban, effectively ending his career. (IOL)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2012 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Fun. - We Are Young
- Gotye - Somebody That I Used To Know
- The Wanted - Glad You Came
- One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful
- Justin Bieber - Boyfriend
- Nicki Minaj - Starships
- Flo Rida - Wild Ones
- Kelly Clarkson - Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)
- Katy Perry - Part Of Me
- Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?