Tuesday 19 August 1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Abraham Lincoln, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1930!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1930 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- David Compton: English author.
- Frank McCourt: American author and educator (d. 2009).
- D[avid] G[uy] Compton: United Kingdom -- Sci-fi author (Synthajoy, Radio Plays).
- Jim Lansford: American football offensive lineman in the National Football League, who played one season for the Dallas Texans (1952).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 August 1930 and get them!