Saturday 9 August 1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Parizeau and Milt Bolling.
For the Defense, directed by John Cromwell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1930!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1930 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Jacques Parizeau: Canadian politician, leader of the Parti Québecois, mainly concerned with the issue through the '90s of Quebec's separation from the rest of Canada.
- Milt Bolling: American baseball player and scout (d. 2013).
- Percy Williams runs world record 100m (10.3 seconds)
- Betty Boop debuts in Max Fleischer's animated cartoon Dizzy Dishes.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 August 1930
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?