Monday 17 August 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Inglourious Basterds, directed by Quentin Tarantino, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while New Moon by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2009.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 2009!
Which were the important events of 17 August 2009 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Reader's Digest Association of New York announces it will file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy for its U.S. businesses as part of a plan to cut debt by 75 percent.
- Japan officially exits the recession. (RTÉ)
- A bomb explodes on a truck at a fuel station in Charsadda, North-West Frontier Province, Pakistan (20 km from Peshawar), killing seven people. (BBC News)
- A suicide bomber explodes a truck at a police station in Nazran in Russia's North Caucasus, killing at least 20 people and wounding about 60 others. (NY Times)
- An accident at the Sayano–Shushenskaya hydroelectric power station in Russia kills seven and causes power shortages in Siberia. (RTÉ)
- The Canadian Forces begin exercises to protect Canada's sovereignty in the far north. (CTV)
- The MV ''Arctic Sea'', a cargo ship missing after an apparent hijacking in July off the Swedish coast, is discovered by the Russian Navy off Cape Verde. (CNN)
- The actor Miguel Magno, of the series Toma Lá, Dá Cá dies at the age 58.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?