Friday 19 February 1960
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Holly Johnson and Vicki Lynn Lasseter Iola Kansas.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Teen Angel by Mark Dinning.
In UK Why by Anthony Newley was in the top 5 hits.
Sink the Bismarck!, directed by Lewis Gilbert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Four Feather Falls.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 February 1960!
Which were the important events of 19 February 1960 ?
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Pisces
- Astrology: Can also be last day of sun sign Aquarius depending on the time of birth and the astrologer's viewpoint.
- Chaoflux (Discordianism)
- Holly Johnson: England, United Kingdom -- Rock vocalist (Frankie Goes To Hollywood).
- Vicki Lynn Lasseter Iola Kansas: Playmate (Feb, 1981).
- Keith Musa[kawukhathi]: Zondi in South Africa; head of Inkatha Youth Brigade.
- Andrew: British royalty, the son of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, the Duke of York, second in the line of succession to the throne after Prince Charles.
- Prince Andrew : Royalty.
- Protest strike in Poznan, Poland.
- Bil Keane's Family Circus cartoon strip debuts.
- China successfully launches the T-7, its first sounding rocket.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Where Or When - Dion and the Belmonts
- Percy Faith - The Theme From A Summer Place
- Jack Scott - What In The World's Come Over You
- Conway Twitty - Lonely Blue Boy
- The Everly Brothers - Let It Be Me
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?