Saturday 6 February 1960
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Running Bear by Johnny Preston.
In UK Why by Anthony Newley was in the top 5 hits.
Sink the Bismarck!, directed by Lewis Gilbert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1960.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 February 1960!
Which were the important events of 6 February 1960 ?
- Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
- Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand
- Sami National Day (known as Lapps; in Finland and Scandinavia)
- Saint Amandus, Apostle of the Franks
- Saint Vedastus (+540)
- Saint Dorothea, patron saint of florists
- Saint Paul Miki
- Jeremy Bowen: Welsh journalist.
- Megan Gallagher: American actress.
- Megan Gallagher in Reading: Pennsylvania, USA; actress (Slap Maxwell, Millennium).
- Jesse Belvin: American R&B singer, pianist and songwriter popular in the 1950s, whose success was cut short by his death in a car crash aged 27.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Where Or When - Dion and the Belmonts
- Jimmy Clanton - Go, Jimmy, Go
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Miss Toni Fisher - The Big Hurt
- Freddie Cannon - Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
- Steve Lawrence - Pretty Blue Eyes
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?