Saturday 13 February 1960
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Kelly McCormick and Matt Salinger in Windsor.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Teen Angel by Mark Dinning.
In UK Why by Anthony Newley was in the top 5 hits.
Sink the Bismarck!, directed by Lewis Gilbert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Somerset Maugham Hour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 February 1960!
Which were the important events of 13 February 1960 ?
- Kelly McCormick: Anaheim, California -- Diver (1984 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Matt Salinger in Windsor: Vermont, USA; actor (Captain America, Deadly Deception).
- Michael Craig: Rock bassist (Culture Club-Do You Want to Hurt Me).
- Pierluigi Collina: Italian referee of the World Soccer Championship Final in 2002; he is also a financial advisor with a degree in economics.
- Luis Lesur: Mexican pro astrologer and teacher working in Mexico City, Cuernavaca and Monterrey.
- Gordon McMaster: Scottish politician and Member of Parliament, returned by By-Election, 11/27/1990, replacing Norman Buchan who died on 10/23/1990.
- Matt Salinger: American actor, the son of author J.D. Salinger and Claire Douglas Salinger.
- Adam Clayton: U2's bass player
- John Healey: English journalist and politician
- Gary Patterson: American football player and coach
- Artur Yusupov: Russian-German chess player and author
- Delmar G Roos: designer of the jeep, dies at age 79.
- Beg, Borrow or Steal opens at Martin Beck Theater NYC for 5 performances
- Saratoga closes at Winter Garden Theater NYC after 80 performances
- France performs first nuclear test at Reggane Proving Grounds, Algeria.
- With the success of a nuclear test codenamed ''Gerboise Bleue'', France becomes the fourth country to possess nuclear weapons.
- Black college students stage the first of the Nashville sit-ins at three lunch counters in Nashville, Tennessee.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- Where Or When - Dion and the Belmonts
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Conway Twitty - Lonely Blue Boy
- Jack Scott - What In The World's Come Over You
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Frankie Avalon - Why
- Marv Johnson - You Got What It Takes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?