Wednesday 19 July 1961
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Suzi Schott and Benoit Mariage.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Tossin' And Turnin' by Bobby Lewis.
In UK Runaway by Del Shannon was in the top 5 hits.
Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, directed by Irwin Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 July 1961!
Which were the important events of 19 July 1961 ?
- According to sitcom Father Ted, previous events that occurred on July 19 included Galway being liberated by the Indians, Marathon was renamed Snickers and the Ice Age ended.
- St. Symmachus
- St. Machrina
- St. Arsenius
- Catholic - Feasts of St. Vincent de Paul
- Nicaragua - National Liberation Day
- Myanmar - Martyr's Day
- Malaysia - Birthday of Yang di-Pertuan Besar of Ng Sembilan
- Roman festivals - Lucaria
- Suzi Schott: Springfield, Illinois -- Playmate (August, 1984).
- Benoit Mariage: Belgian film director.
- Campbell Scott: American actor.
- Harsha Bhogle: Indian journalist and author.
- Maria Filatova: Russian gymnast.
- Lisa Lampanelli: American comedian actress and author
- Benoît Mariage: Belgian director and screenwriter
- Hideo Nakata: Japanese director producer and screenwriter
- 1st in-flight movie shown (TWA)
- First in-flight movie shown (TWA).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Lewis - Tossin' And Turnin'
- Brook Benton - The Boll Weevil Song
- Gary U.S. Bonds - Quarter To Three
- Dee Clark - Raindrops
- Arthur Lyman Group - Yellow Bird
- Adam Wade - The Writing On The Wall
- Del Shannon - Hats Off To Larry
- Pips - Every Beat Of My Heart
- Floyd Cramer - San Antonio Rose
- Chris Kenner - I Like It Like That, Part 1
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?