Tuesday 19 October 1971
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Maggie May by Rod Stewart.
In UK Maggie May / Reason To Believe by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
Women in Cages, directed by Gerry de Leon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Day Of The Jackal by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 October 1971!
Which were the important events of 19 October 1971 ?
- Niue - Constitution Day in honour of the country's independence (self-governing in free association with New Zealand) in 1974.
- Brazil - Independence Day of State of Piauf
- Albania - Mother Teresa Day.
- Also see October 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman Catholic Saints - Saints Jean de BrTbeuf, Isaac Jogues, and Companions; Saint Frideswide
- Roman festivals - Armilustrium in honor of Mars
- French Republican Calendar - Tomate (Tomato) Day, twenty-eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Famous Birthdays:19 October
- Last issue of Look magazine is published
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Carpenters - Superstar
- The Osmonds - Yo-Yo
- Cher - Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
- Lee Michaels - Do You Know What I Mean
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Stampeders - Sweet City Woman
- Isaac Hayes - Theme From Shaft
- Stevie Wonder - If You Really Love Me
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?