Monday 4 October 1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Maggie May by Rod Stewart.
In UK Maggie May / Reason To Believe by Rod Stewart was in the top 5 hits.
The French Connection, directed by William Friedkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1971!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1971 ?
- Jeremy Blake: American digital artist and painter.
- Friderika Bayer: Hungarian singer.
- Darren Middleton: Australian singer-songwriter and guitarist (Powderfinger and Drag).
- Corey Sawyer: NFL cornerback (Cin Bengals).
- Edit Angold: Actor (Suspense, Molly, Blue Angel), dies at 76.
- KMPH TV channel 26 in Visalia-Fresno, CA (IND) begins broadcasting
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Carpenters - Superstar
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
- The Osmonds - Yo-Yo
- Lee Michaels - Do You Know What I Mean
- Paul & Linda McCartney - Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
- Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
- Stevie Wonder - If You Really Love Me
- Stampeders - Sweet City Woman
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?