Saturday 2 October 1971
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of October people in US were listening to Maggie May by Rod Stewart.
In UK Hey Girl Don't Bother Me by The Tams was in the top 5 hits.
The French Connection, directed by William Friedkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 October 1971!
Which were the important events of 2 October 1971 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Memorial of Guardian Angels
- World Farm Animal Day
- Roman festivals - First day of the Ludi Augustales to celebrate the recovery by emperor August of Roman standards from the Parthians
- Also see October 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Guinea - Independence Day (from France, 1958)
- French Republican Calendar - Pomme de terre (Potato) Day, eleventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- India - Gandhi Jayanti (birthday of Mahatma Gandhi, 1869)
- Aaron Williams: American basketball player: forward/center, Supersonics.
- Xavier Naidoo: German Soul and R&B singer/songwriter, stage name Kobra, record producer, and occasional actor.
- Jair Lynch: Amherst, Massachusetts -- Gymnast (1996 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Steve McLaughlin: NFL kicker (Atlanta Falcons).
- James Root: American guitarist (Slipknot).
- "Tiffany" Renee Darwich in Norwalk: California, USA; singer ("I Think We're Alone Now").
- Tiffany Darwish: American singer-songwriter and actress
- Tiffany : American singer
- Jim Root: Guitarist
- Bola de Nieve: Cuban singer, pianist, and songwriter (Born 1911).
- Homing pigeon averages 133 KPH (record) in 1100-km Australian race.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Maggie May
- Donny Osmond - Go Away Little Girl
- Joan Baez - The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
- Carpenters - Superstar
- Bill Withers - Ain't No Sunshine
- Paul & Linda McCartney - Uncle Albert / Admiral Halsey
- Aretha Franklin - Spanish Harlem
- The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
- The Osmonds - Yo-Yo
- Lee Michaels - Do You Know What I Mean
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?