Sunday 20 August 1944
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Falcon in Mexico, directed by William Berke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1944!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1944 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Graig Nettles: American baseball player and manager.
- John Povey: Rocker.
- Graig Nettles third baseman (New York Yankees: San Diego Padres, Cleveland Indians).
- Rajiv Gandhi: Indian politician and noted family, the eldest son of Indira Gandhi.
- Anna Lucasta, opens on Broadway
- 26th PGA Championship: Bob Hamilton at Manito Golf and Country Club - Spokane Washington
- Gen de Gaulle returns to France
- Russian offensive at Jassy and Kisjinev
- US and British forces destroy German 7th Army at Falaise-Argentan Gap
- WWII: the Battle of Romania begins with a major Soviet offensive.
- WWII: 168 captured allied airmen, including Phil Lamason, accused by the Gestapo of being ''terror fliers'', arrive at Buchenwald concentration camp.
- American forces successfully defeat Nazi forces at Chambois, closing the Falaise Gap.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1944 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?