Thursday 21 December 1933
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Queen Christina, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1933.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1933!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1933 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Claudio Bizzarri: Italy sport Champion.
- Huib Eversdijk: Dutch second chamber member (CDA).
- Miklos Kocsar: Composer.
- Denis Dillon: American jurist and politician (d. 2010).
- Robert Worcester: American businessman and academic founded MORI.
- Fox signs Shirley Temple, 5, to a studio contract
- Dried human blood serum first prepared, University of Pennsylvania.
- 20th Century Fox signs Shirley Temple, age 5, to a studio contract.
- Newfoundland reverts to being a crown colony.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?