Wednesday 6 December 1933
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Lady Killer, directed by Roy Del Ruth, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1933!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1933 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Henryk Mikolaj Gorecki: Composer.
- Henryk Górecki: Polish composer and academic (d. 2010).
- Donald Kutyna: American general.
- Henryk Gorecki: Polish composer (d. 2010).
- Auguste Chapuis: Composer, dies at 75.
- U.S. federal judge John M. Woolsey rules that the James Joyce's novel Ulysses is not obscene.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 6 December 1933 and get them!