Monday 25 December 1933
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Sons of the Desert, directed by William A. Seiter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1933!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1933 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Basil Heatley: English runner.
- de Closets: Enghien les Bains Journalist.
- François Closets: French journalist and scientific chronicler.
- Another Christmas Day five-wicket haul by Clarrie Grimmett.
- Stan Smith takes 8-33 for Victoria versus Tasmania at Hobart.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1933 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- April in Paris - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 25 December 1933 and get them!