Tuesday 21 December 1971
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ernest Hunter and Irena Slavutskay.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Brand New Key by Melanie.
In UK Ernie (The Fastest Milkman In The West) by Benny Hill was in the top 5 hits.
Dirty Harry, directed by Don Siegel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Day Of The Jackal by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The View from Daniel Pike.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Galaxy Game or Star Trek.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1971!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1971 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Ernest Hunter: NFL running back (Cleveland Browns).
- Irena Slavutskay: in Israel; athlete (Olympics-1996).
- Matthieu Chedid: French rock singer, songwriter, and guitarist, son of singer Louis Chedid, and grand-son of Egyptian poet Andrée Chedid (born Saab, of Lebanese descent) with whom he wrote his first hit "Je dis aime".
- Natalie Grant: Rock Singer.
- Margarita Drobiazko: Lithuanian ice dancer.
- Fenton Keogh: Australian chef and television host
- Brett Scallions: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Fuel Manzarek Krieger and Circus Diablo)
- UN Security Council chooses Kurt Waldheim as 4th secretary General
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Melanie - Brand New Key
- Sly & The Family Stone - Family Affair
- Don McLean - American Pie (Parts 1 and 2)
- Three Dog Night - An Old Fashioned Love Song
- Michael Jackson - Got To Be There
- The Chi-Lites - Have You Seen Her
- Sonny & Cher - All I Ever Need Is You
- Dennis Coffey and the Detroit Guitar Band - Scorpio
- David Cassidy - Cherish
- Donny Osmond - Hey Girl
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?