Thursday 21 January 1971
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Knock Three Times by Dawn.
In UK Grandad by Clive Dunn was in the top 5 hits.
Vanishing Point, directed by Richard C. Sarafian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 January 1971!
Which were the important events of 21 January 1971 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
- Doug Edwards: NBA forward (Vancouver Grizzlies).
- Doug Weight in Warren: Michigan, USA; NHL center (Edmonton Oilers, Team USA 98).
- Tommy Puett in Gary: Indiana, USA; actor (Tyler - Life Goes On, America's Top 10).
- Brian Giles: American baseball player: outfield, Indians.
- Tweet : American singer-songwriter (The Dresden Soul Symphony).
- Adia Chan: Indonesian-Hong Kong actress and singer
- Sergey Klevchenya: Russian speed skater
- Alan McManus: Scottish snooker player golfer and sportscaster
- Doug Weight: American ice hockey player and coach
- Richard B Russell: American politician (Senator-Democrat-Georgia), dies at age 73.
- Alias Smith & Jones premieres on ABC TV
- The current Emley Moor transmitting station, the tallest free-standing structure in the United Kingdom, begins transmitting UHF broadcasts.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?