Monday 13 December 1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Johnny Dixon and Miguel Angel.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Family Affair by Sly & The Family Stone.
In UK Ernie (The Fastest Milkman In The West) by Benny Hill was in the top 5 hits.
Harold and Maude, directed by Hal Ashby, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Day Of The Jackal by Frederick Forsyth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The View from Daniel Pike.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Computer Space or Galaxy Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 December 1971!
Which were the important events of 13 December 1971 ?
- Roman festivals - Tellus was worshipped in the district Carinae at the Esquiline Hill, and a lectisternium or table was spread for Ceres.
- R.C. Saints - memorial of Saint Lucy
- Also see December 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In the Julian calendar before the Gregorian reform, this was the shortest day and longest night, and widely celebrated as such
- In the Irish calendar the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following the Feast of Saint Lucy were observed as Quarter tense.
- Malta - Republic Day (since 1974)
- St. Lucia's Day in Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
- Johnny Dixon: WLAF safety (Frankfurt Galaxy).
- Miguel Angel: Martinez Soto; mariachi.
- Mike Pelton: NFL defensive tackle (Indianapolis Colts).
- Maria Hirse: Danish journalist, author, psychotherapist, lecturer, letters editor and TV presenter.
- Mike Thompson: Reality Star.
- Gloria Casarez: American activist (d. 2014)
- Naomi Long: Northern Irish engineer and politician 54th Lord Mayor of Belfast
- Leanne Wood: Welsh academic and politician
- Max Mell: Austria artillery officer / literary, dies at 88.
- John Sinclair (sentence: 10 yrs, sold 2 marijuana joints) is freed
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sly & The Family Stone - Family Affair
- Melanie - Brand New Key
- The Chi-Lites - Have You Seen Her
- Three Dog Night - An Old Fashioned Love Song
- Michael Jackson - Got To Be There
- Isaac Hayes - Theme From Shaft
- Bread - Baby I'm-A Want You
- Sonny & Cher - All I Ever Need Is You
- Don McLean - American Pie (Parts 1 and 2)
- David Cassidy - Cherish
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?