Tuesday 21 January 1958
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of January people in US were listening to At The Hop by Danny & The Juniors.
In UK Great Balls Of Fire by Jerry Lee Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
The Enemy Below, directed by Dick Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while By Love Possessed by James Gould Cozzens was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1958.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 January 1958!
Which were the important events of 21 January 1958 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
- Gareth Branwyn: American journalist and critic.
- Michael Wincott: Canadian actor.
- Frank Ticheli: American composer.
- Charles Onyango-Obbo: Ugandan author, journalist, and former Managing Editor of The Monitor, a daily Ugandan newspaper.
- Miguel Alejandro in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Popi).
- KMOT TV channel 10 in Minot, ND (NBC) begins broadcasting
- The last Fokker C.X in military service, the Finnish Air Force FK-111 target tower, crashes, killing the pilot and winch-operator.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?