Friday 21 January 1966
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to The Sounds Of Silence by Simon & Garfunkel.
In UK Day Tripper / We Can Work It Out by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Ghost and Mr. Chicken, directed by Alan Rafkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1966.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 January 1966!
Which were the important events of 21 January 1966 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
- Katrine Michaelsen in Gentokte: Denmark; Miss Denmark (1984).
- Robert Del Naja: English musician.
- Candi Milo: American voice actress.
- Chris Hammond: American pro baseball pitcher who has played in the American League for one year and the National League for seven years as of 1998.
- Beatle George Harrison marries model Patti Boyd
- Italian Prime Minister Aldo Moro resigns due to a power struggle in his party.
- The military government of Nigeria announces that ex-prime minister Abubakar Tafawa Balewa was killed during the coup.
- The Chadian Muslim insurgent group FROLINAT is founded in Sudan, starting the Chadian Civil War.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon & Garfunkel - The Sounds Of Silence
- The Beatles - We Can Work It Out
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - She's Just My Style
- The Vogues - Five O'Clock World
- The Beatles - Day Tripper
- The T-Bones - No Matter What Shape (Your Stomach's In)
- Mike Douglas - The Men In My Little Girl's Life
- Herman's Hermits - A Must To Avoid
- The Rolling Stones - As Tears Go By
- The Lovin' Spoonful - You Didn't Have To Be So Nice
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?