Friday 28 January 1966
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michal Pivonka in Kladno and Jeff Uhlenhake NFL center (New Orleans Saints.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to We Can Work It Out by The Beatles.
In UK Day Tripper / We Can Work It Out by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Ghost and Mr. Chicken, directed by Alan Rafkin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Those Who Love by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Historias para no dormir.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 January 1966!
Which were the important events of 28 January 1966 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Thomas Aquinas
- Michal Pivonka in Kladno: Czechoslovakia; NHL center (Washington Capitals).
- Jeff Uhlenhake NFL center (New Orleans Saints: Washington Redskins).
- Hervé Vachée: French sailor and sailing instructor, a professional skipper who finished in fourth place in the "Route du Rhum" in 2002 but won the distance record over 24 hours.
- Seiji Mizushima: Japanese director and producer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - We Can Work It Out
- The Beach Boys - Barbara Ann
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - She's Just My Style
- The T-Bones - No Matter What Shape (Your Stomach's In)
- The Vogues - Five O'Clock World
- The Rolling Stones - As Tears Go By
- Mike Douglas - The Men In My Little Girl's Life
- Herman's Hermits - A Must To Avoid
- Petula Clark - My Love
- Mitch Ryder - Jenny Take A Ride
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?