Wednesday 21 December 1966
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rachel Sutherland and Kiefer Sutherland.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Winchester Cathedral by The New Vaudeville Band.
In UK Green Green Grass Of Home by Tom Jones was in the top 5 hits.
Grand Prix, directed by John Frankenheimer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Polizeifunk ruft.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1966!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1966 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Rachel Sutherland: British-Canadian TV producer of "Kids in the Hall" and "The Rez.
- Kiefer Sutherland: British-American actor and noted family, the son of Donald and Shirley Sutherland, named Kiefer William Frederick Dempsey George Rufus Sutherland, a twin.
- Marco Borsato: Pop Singer.
- Adam Schefter: American journalist and sportscaster.
- Karri Turner: American actress.
- USSR launches Luna 13; soft-landed in Oceanus Procellarum
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 December 1966
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The New Vaudeville Band - Winchester Cathedral
- Donovan - Mellow Yellow
- The Monkees - I'm A Believer
- Frank Sinatra - That's Life
- Mitch Ryder - Devil With A Blue Dress On & Good Golly Miss Molly
- Nancy Sinatra - Sugar Town
- The Royal Guardsmen - Snoopy Vs. The Red Baron
- The Beach Boys - Good Vibrations
- Stevie Wonder - A Place In The Sun
- The Temptations - (I Know) I'm Losing You
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?