Sunday 21 August 1938
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kenny Rogers and Ernie Maresca.
You Can't Take It with You, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Telecrime.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 August 1938!
Which were the important events of 21 August 1938 ?
- Ninoy Aquino Day - special holiday in the Philippines.
- Orthodox - Thaddaeus
- RC saints - Pope Pius X
- Roman festivals - Consualia, in honor of Consus, is held
- Kenny Rogers: American entertainer, the whiskered, whiskey-voiced king of country-western popular music.
- Ernie Maresca: American singer-songwriter (The Regents) (d. 2015).
- Italy bars all Jewish teachers in Public and High School
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 21 August 1938
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?