Friday 21 June 1968
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alastair Campbell Mackintosh and Darryl Shannon.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to This Guy's In Love With You by Herb Alpert.
In UK Young Girl by Union Gap was in the top 5 hits.
The Bride Wore Black, directed by François Truffaut, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Dave Allen Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 June 1968!
Which were the important events of 21 June 1968 ?
- Alastair Campbell Mackintosh: Hamilton, New Zealand -- Coxless rower (1996 Olympics).
- Darryl Shannon: Barrie, Ontario -- NHL defenseman (Buffalo Sabres).
- Henry Newby: NFL linebacker (Seattle Seahawks).
- Sonique : English singer-songwriter and DJ.
- Supreme Court Chief Justice Earl Warren resigns
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Herb Alpert - This Guy's In Love With You
- Richard Harris - MacArthur Park
- Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- Ohio Express - Yummy Yummy Yummy
- Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66 - The Look Of Love
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Mony Mony
- Aretha Franklin - Think
- Merrilee Rush - Angel Of The Morning
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Friend and Lover - Reach Out Of The Darkness
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?