Thursday 13 June 1968
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Mrs. Robinson by Simon and Garfunkel.
In UK Young Girl by Union Gap was in the top 5 hits.
The Thomas Crown Affair, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 June 1968!
Which were the important events of 13 June 1968 ?
- Saint Ragnobert, martyr [GTZ: Lyon]
- Saint Valericus, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Roman Empire ? Quinquatrus Minusculae held in honor of Minerva
- Roman Empire ? seventh day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- USA ? World Children's Day
- Saint Anthony of Padua), priest, confessor, Doctor of the Church [common; GTZ: Franciscans]
- Saint Agricius, bishop of Sens, confessor [GTZ: Sens]
- Saint Landoald, bishop, confessor [GTZ: Bruges]
- Saint Leo III, pope [PCP (Paris)]
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Constance, Mainz]
- Saint Valerian, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Rambert
- Blessed Odwin
- Blessed Thomas Woodhouse, martyr
- Blessed Damhnade, virgin [ Fermanagh]
- Saint Felicola, virgin, martyr [GTZ: Cologne, Trier, Worms, France]
- Deniece Peterson: rocker (5 Star-Silk and Steel).
- Bruce Beaton: CFL corner (Montreal Alouettes).
- Spike Breakwell: British comedian.
- Melissa Gisoni: Reality Star.
- Fabio Baldato: Italian cyclist.
- Peter DeBoer: Canadian ice hockey player and coach
- Darren Dreger: Canadian sportscaster
- David Gray: English-Welsh singer-songwriter guitarist and producer
- Tim Leveque: Canadian ice hockey player
- Hiroko Moriguchi: Japanese singer
- Denise Pearson: English singer-songwriter (Five Star)
- Marcel Theroux: Ugandan-English journalist and author
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- Herb Alpert - This Guy's In Love With You
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Mony Mony
- Ohio Express - Yummy Yummy Yummy
- Richard Harris - MacArthur Park
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Aretha Franklin - Think
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66 - The Look Of Love
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?