Saturday 8 June 1968
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dave Mlicki and Rob Ray.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Mrs. Robinson by Simon and Garfunkel.
In UK Young Girl by Union Gap was in the top 5 hits.
Faces, directed by John Cassavetes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Me Mammy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1968!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1968 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Dave Mlicki: Cleveland, Ohio -- Pitcher (NY Mets).
- Rob Ray: Belleville, Ontario -- NHL left wing (Buffalo Sabres).
- 1st reduced-gravity golf game is played on the Moon
- Bermuda adopts its constitution
- Gary Puckett and Union Gap release Lady Will Power
- New colonial constitution for Bermuda adopted.
- Robert F. Kennedy's funeral takes place at the Basilica of St. Patrick's Cathedral, New York City.
- James Earl Ray, an escaped American convict, is arrested in London, England, and charged with the assassination of civil rights leader Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Don Drysdale pitches a record 58th consecutive scoreless inning.
- James Earl Ray is arrested for the assassination of Martin Luther King Jr.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Herb Alpert - This Guy's In Love With You
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Mony Mony
- Ohio Express - Yummy Yummy Yummy
- Richard Harris - MacArthur Park
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- Aretha Franklin - Think
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?