Monday 17 June 1968
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to This Guy's In Love With You by Herb Alpert.
In UK Young Girl by Union Gap was in the top 5 hits.
The Thomas Crown Affair, directed by Norman Jewison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1968!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1968 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Steve Georgallis: Australian rugby player and coach.
- Minoru Suzuki: Japanese professional wrestler and mixed martial artist.
- Dianne Durham: American athlete who briefly ruled women's gymnastics until injuring her knee.
- Julie Miller: Hawaiian triathlete.
- Jose Nasazzi: Uruguayan footballer (Born 1901).
- Belgium government of Eyskens-Merlot forms
- KQEC TV channel 32 in SF, CA (PBS) begins broadcasting
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Herb Alpert - This Guy's In Love With You
- Richard Harris - MacArthur Park
- Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- Ohio Express - Yummy Yummy Yummy
- Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66 - The Look Of Love
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Mony Mony
- Aretha Franklin - Think
- Merrilee Rush - Angel Of The Morning
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Friend and Lover - Reach Out Of The Darkness
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?