Saturday 29 June 1968
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Theoren Fleury and Judith Hoag.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to This Guy's In Love With You by Herb Alpert.
In UK Young Girl by Union Gap was in the top 5 hits.
The Green Berets, directed by Ray Kellogg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Expert.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1968!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1968 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Theoren Fleury: Oxbow, Saskatchewan -- NHL right wing (Calgary Flames, Canada).
- Judith Hoag: American actress and acting teacher.
- Kitty Kelly: Actress (Ladies of Jury, Behind Office Doors), dies at 66.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Herb Alpert - This Guy's In Love With You
- Cliff Nobles - The Horse
- Richard Harris - MacArthur Park
- Ohio Express - Yummy Yummy Yummy
- Sergio Mendes and Brasil '66 - The Look Of Love
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Mony Mony
- Merrilee Rush - Angel Of The Morning
- Aretha Franklin - Think
- Shorty Long - Here Comes The Judge
- Friend and Lover - Reach Out Of The Darkness
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?