Tuesday 4 June 1968
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Stacy Leigh Arthur and Al B Sure.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Mrs. Robinson by Simon and Garfunkel.
In UK Young Girl by Union Gap was in the top 5 hits.
The Devil's Brigade, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Prisoner.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 June 1968!
Which were the important events of 4 June 1968 ?
- Feast day of St Francis Caracciolo.
- Feast day of Saint Petrock of Cornwall.
- United States - Pentecost in 2006
- Hong Kong - Tiananmen Square Protest of 1989 memorial day.
- Finland - National flag day of the Finnish Defence Forces (on Mannerheim's birthday).
- Tonga - National Day.
- International Innocent Child Abuse Victim Day.
- Stacy Leigh Arthur: Naperville, Illinois -- Playmate (Jan, 1991).
- Al B Sure: American R&B singer.
- Sean Gullette: American actor and screenwriter and expatriate, he lives in Morocco where he founded a non-profit dedicated to supporting cultural and educational events.
- Scott Wolf: American actor, known for his roles in the television series Party of Five as Bailey Salinger, Jake Hartman in Everwood and Chad Decker in V. Wolf was raised in a Reform Jewish family.
- Al Sure: Rock Singer.
- Roger Lim: American actor director producer and screenwriter
- Niurka Montalvo: Cuban-Spanish long jumper
- Dorothy Gish [de Guiche]: Actress (Home Sweet Home), dies at 70.
- Don Drysdale pitches his 6th straight shutout, en route to 58 innings.
- The Standard amp Poor's 500 index closes above 100 for the first time, at 100.38.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Herb Alpert - This Guy's In Love With You
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Mony Mony
- Ohio Express - Yummy Yummy Yummy
- Richard Harris - MacArthur Park
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- Aretha Franklin - Think
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?